Sacred Heart College, Madanthyar – IQAC
Internal Quality Assurance Cell is conceived as mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. Quality consciousness is crucial in educational institutions. The IQAC channelises and systematises the efforts and measures of an institutions towards academic excellence. the IQAC is working as a driving force for enhancing quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiency and enhance quality .
As per the UGC guidelines,our college has established as Internal Quality Assurance Cell in 2004 under the chairmen ship of the principal. The activities of the IQAC is monitored by a coordinator.
The IQAC periodically reviews the activities of the institution and ensures that the entire process of teaching learning evaluation is in confirmation with the vision and mission of the institution. In fact, it is the IQAC which serves as the pivot around which the entire quality initiatives of the institution revolves.
The IQAC solicits the cooperation of the entire stakeholders in implementing the plans of the institution for realizing the goal of quality and excellence in higher education. It plans and organises remedial coaching for slow learners and encourages the advanced learners. The cell also collects feedback from the stakeholders like, students, parents, alumni and the employees regarding the Curriculum and other aspects of the college.
The IQAC in the college is constituted as per the UGC guidelines, which consists members as follows;
a) Principal. Chair Person
b) Five senior teachers and one senior administrative offical
c) Two external experts
d) The Coordinator
The five senior teachers and two external experts are nominated by the principal in consultation with staff council. Such members are nominated for a period of two years. The IQAC meets regularly to set quality benchmarks in the college. The agenda, minutes are documented with signature of the members.
The IQAC in action
The functions of the IQAC of the college are as follows:
* Development and application of quality parameters for academic and administrative activities of the college
* Creation of student- centric environment for quality education in the college.
* encouraging the faculty to adopt a new pedagogy in teaching learning process by the use of ICT.
* Arrangement for getting feedback from the stake holders.
* Facilitating the staff to arrange seminars, workshops and other inter and intra-institutional activities
* Acting as a nodal agency for coordinating quality related activities including dissemination of good practices.
* Preparing and submitting of AQARs to the NAAC office regularly.
The members of the IQAC in 2016-17
1. Mr. Alex Ivan Sequeira – Principal/Chairperson.
2. Dr. Sham Bhat – Coordinator.
3. Mr. Joseph N.M. – Member
4. Mrs. Agnes Rodrigues – Member
5. Mr. J.B. D’Souza – Member
6. Mr. Vincent D’Souza – Member
7. Mr. Paul Menezes – Member
8. Dr. Jaya Kumar, – Educationist
9. Mrs. Leena Lewis – Member ( Office Superintendent)
10. Mr. Maxim Albuquerque – Member (President of Alumni)
11. Mr. S.R. Nayak – Member (President of PTA)
12. Mr. Rakshith Shetty – Member (President of Students’ Union)